Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Just a little talk with Jesus

       Today, O Lord, I give you, well, today. All that I am for all that you have for me. I give it to you willingly. You are a good God. I need help. My long list of folks I'm praying for needs help. I pray for Wayne, and Ralph, and Harold, and Ed, and Arthur, and Laurine, and Edgar, and Michael’s mother, and, and, and, all the ones who are in such need. Thank you for that help. Amen.
      What if we began each day, each morning, with that prayer? What if we spent more time with God than with others in the morning, evening or whenever we carve out the time? Yeah, I suspect we'd be better off, I suspect those we prayed for would be better of. I know we would, actually.
      Prayer is the blood line of the Christian. It is a privilege and honor for those who do it because it is having a conversation with the one who loves us most, who created us, who knew we were going to pray whatever it is we're praying. It is joyful, no matter the subject matter. It is respectful, as we are talking to the Father through the intercession of the Son. It is meaningful, no matter how deep the questions or how shallow the suppositions. It is talking with our Daddy, crawling on up there and telling Him about our day, coming on gone.
       The Bible has lot to say about prayer. Try some of these on for size.
       Psalm 107:28-30 Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble, and he delivered them from their distress. He made the storm be still, and the waves of the sea were hushed. Then they were glad that the waters were quiet, and he brought them to their desired haven
       Matthew 7:7  “Ask, and it will be given to you seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
       Matthew 21:22 And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.”
       Mark 11:24  Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
       John 14:13-14 Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.
       This is powerful. This is meaningful. This is prayer. It is more important than breakfast, more important than that 9 p.m. television show. It is being in touch, getting in touch, with the one who care, who can fix things, who can heal the brokenness in our lives.
        We need to have just a little talk with Jesus to get on by this morn. 
      


No comments: