Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Mighty miracles

"Yes," says the Lord, "I will do mighty miracles for you, like those I did when I rescued you from slavery in Egypt."

Today is a day that the Lord has made, my friends, my readers (daily or otherwise). Today God will change everything. He will make everything new again.

Think about that for but a moment. Think about newness, draped like a curtain before us. "Then as I looked, " writer of Revelation says, "I saw a door standing open in heaven, and the same voice I had heard before spoke to me like a trumpet blast. The voice said, "Come up here, and I will show you what must happen after this."

I know this seems all too powerful, all too new, all too incredible, but that's what God is doing this morning. We're picking up our stuff and walking right on out into the light. 

When you're hiding all alone, Ellie sings, walk on out of the darkness and into the light. 
Change it all. 
Become.
One of them.
One of the too busy.

Look, one day soon lives will change, hearts will soften, all things will become new again. I barely slept last night, with a dramatic phone call coming today just after lunch and the loss of a dear friend earlier this week beginning to make the difficult even more so. All those burdens are piling up like flotsam near the edge of the mighty Mississippi. 

But the exceptionally good news is that God takes all the ugly broken pieces and puts them together as if they were parts of the growing puzzle of life. 

And wham, God wins.
We win.
Love wins.
Hate is beaten back.
Whew, don't it seem good for us, to us, with us?

This morning what I want more than anything else is the love of the creator. Maybe we don't get more than that. Maybe that's more than we need to even ask for. Maybe.

But the exceptionally good news is that God takes, God gives, God heals.

Voila.
It's done.

No comments: