Monday, March 2, 2015

The testing

But he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold. My feet have closely followed his steps; I have kept to his way without turning aside.
Job 23:10-11 NIV

Have you thought about that? He knows the way we take. He knows where we go, what we do, what we say, what we THINK?

Uh, wow. Uh, oh.

He has tested us and some of us have come forth as gold. Some not.

I'm reminded this morning of the challenges each of us have ahead. This spiritual road does not get easier. Oh but that were so. It becomes in some cases harder.

I was reminded last night of what I thought when I knelt at the rock where tradition says Jesus threw himself to the ground in the Garden of Gethsemane. I thought, "I'm sorry." My sin. My nails My thorns. My beating. My blood. My sin. He had to think about it; had to think, maybe I can just not do this. Maybe I can run. Maybe I can leave all this behind and go and do what I want. Maybe Abba didn't mean it. Maybe.

But the test came, and Jesus came forth as gold. His feet followed Abba's steps. He kept God's way no matter what, never, never turning aside.

This morning, the second Monday of Lent, I'm thinking that maybe, just maybe it's time I get more serious with Him. It's only been 20 years this very year since God touched me in a parking garage and changed my life. It's only been 20 years this very year since I was moved to move, and life has never, never been the same.

Have I been tested? You betcha. Have I failed, you betcha. Have I been pulled closer to the love of Abba? Absolutely.

This morning, let's pray together: Abba, forgive me for what I did to Jesus. Forgive me for what I've done to those I love around me. Forgive me for reaching too far, and reaching not far enough. Forgive me for it all. Not my will, but yours, Abba.

No comments: