Friday, February 6, 2015

A lost week

Well, where were we when the world began to swirl?

It's been a week ... a long, long, sick week. It all began at the Super Bowl, or at least the Super Bowl party. I could tell I had a scratchy throat. By the end of the night, I was sick, sick. Actually I felt it began the week before when my dear Mary was sick. I thought she had a cold all week, but it turns out she simply was her silent self. She said she didn't want me to worry.

Funny thing was I had taken all sorts of vitamin C, all sorts of Inborne, all sorts of stuff. And none of it mattered.

I went in for about an hour Monday, though I was sick, to read and study for three Bible studies. I would wind up doing none of them. Things got worse and worse. I lost function in my body, hurting every place I could hurt with most of it concentrated in my hips and my knees and the always hurting back.

I went to he doctor yesterday, got some meds, and things began to turn. Should I have gone earlier, yes. But I figured this would be gone and I could do Bible study on Wednesday and Thursday night. Didn't happen. My throat hurt so bad I stopped eating, losing eight pounds according to the doc's scale.

The point, as I write for the first time in a week and (believe it or not have my first cup of coffee since Sunday) is that none of us are irreplaceable. I missed a report I'm supposed to do. I missed three Bible studies. I missed everything one could miss including playing and singing for some senior citizens who I pray were able to have a successful party without the party crasher.

I basically broke down, and I'm getting put back together. As my dear friend John says, blow your nose, brush your teeth, say your prayers and move you. You're a preacher, move on.

Time to move on. God is good but the flu stinks.

1 comment:

kevin h said...

Welcome back!