Thursday, November 13, 2014

Today

Today. It seems to me that all we really have in this life is this one thing, today. Today I will. Today I can. Today.

I can't fix yesterday's decisions yesterday. I can't possibly know what the future holds.

But this day, I can affect my life. This day, today, I can do the next right thing. This day, today,

None of us are promised a single second longer. None of us can be sure that the next breath isn't the last breath. But what we do know, what we do have is what we have, today. Today I will pray for strength, for help for the poor and disenfranchises. I will pray for those who do not know Jesus, and I will pray that somehow the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart will be sufficient to help someone be introduced to the one who gives us, today.

Today I will seek out the lost and the least and I will pray with them, as well as for them.

Today I will seek to find the answers to the questions that God gives me to ask, not those foolish ones that keep popping into my head about the most frivolous of things. Today.

Just today.

I will not worry about tomorrow or yesterday. I will simply concentrate on what can be accomplished today.

Joshua once said so wonderfully, "As for me and my house, we choose the Lord." Today. This very rainy, cold, windy, dark day I will choose the Lord for He has been good to me.

This day.

If these were to be the last words I ever type, this day will be more than sufficient. This day I will love. This day I will try. This day I will seek and I know this day I will find. Today. Just 24 hours. I don't have to be all I can be tomorrow. I don't have to be more than I was. I just have to be, today.

I can't pay those bills that stacked up yesterday. I can't even pay those things I owe tomorrow. But this day I am fine. I am dandy. I am okay.

This day.

Won't you go all in with me today? Won't you give the Lord all you can, all you are, all you ever dreamed and prayed of being today? Just today.

Jerry Spinelli writes, "live today. Not yesterday. Not tomorrow. Just today. Inhabit your moments. Don't rent them out to tomorrow. ... You're cheating yourself out of today. Today is calling to you, trying to get your attention, but you're stuck on tomorrow, and today trickles away like water down a drain. You wake up the next morning and that today you wasted is gone forever. It's now yesterday. Some of those moments may have had wonderful things in store for you, but now you'll never know."

I won't keep you any longer today, because you have great things to do. TODAY.

No comments: