Friday, April 18, 2014

Great Friday to all

I walk in a world of description. It's what my writing ultimately is. If I have any gift, it is in the ability to see something and describe it, or hear something and make an effort to bring it to life in words so that you can see it.

But I am unable to describe what that morning, or the moments just before the morning, she he saved me.

It was, I imagine, still. Like a lake when there is no wind when the water is like a pane of glass. The linens, which we always see as brilliant white, I imagine bloody and awful as would any cloth being placed on his body be. I imagine a body, growing stiffer, growing more and more like a body with decay coming to visit like an old uncle who coughs and spits a lot and stays in your room.

Then...
Oh, then ...

Something. Something happened. A body without breath is transformed. A body without life is revived, no, not revived, no reborn. No life to life in seconds. Stiff bones become limber, so limber they are able to do the impossible within the week -- like walking into a locked room.

And with that, life literally will never be the same.

Think of it, what it means to us, or should.

Death, that fearful and difficult thing, is no more fearful and difficult. We are winners in the battle against death.

A still morning becomes a morning of shock in the garden near the stone tomb that was his last real resting spot.

I can only tell you that my life changed that day, 2,000 years before I was born. I can only say that my body, so without breath, changed forever with that rebirth.

Third Day's Mac Gordon wrote these words in a song I've done many times in churches, "Today I found myself after searching all these years and the man I saw wasn't at all who I though he'd be. I was lost when you found me here and I was broken beyond repair then you came along and you sang your song over me.

It feels like I'm born again
It feels like I'm living
for the very first time
for the very first time
in my life

That's what walked out of that tomb. I, we, must never forget. Never underestimate. Never stop trying to tell others about Him.

Robert Flatt says of Easter, "The resurrection gives my life meaning and direction and the opportunity to start over no matter what my circumstances."

Seems bout right, huh?

No comments: